Off-site webpages open in separate windows; links with † display additional info when moused over.
VT ARES Simplex Frequencies are: VHF—146.490 (alt: 146.55, 146.58); and UHF—446.10 (alt: 446.20)
RANV (Radio Amateurs of Northern Vermont) maintains an excellent list of area repeaters.
List of currently active nets. Note that frequencies may be up or down from listed frequency, as necessary, also times may vary from what is stated here. If you know of an active net that might be of interest here, please send name/time/frequency to the Webmaster.
- GMN Daily x-Sun 1700L 3934 kHz
- VTNH Daily 1900L 3539 kHz
- VTN (VPTN) Daily 1930L 3857 kHz
- CVTN Daily 2100L 146.880 MHz (-110.9)
- GMWS/ARES Mondays 1930L 147.045 MHz (- )
- WRRC ARES Monday 1930L 147.015 MHz (+ )
- SOVARC/ARES Monday 19:00 L 146.835 (-)
- CEVESN Sundays 0900L 145.410 MHz (-)
- NY Emerg. Svce/SkyWarn Traffic Net 2x Daily 0730 & 1900L 145.110 MHz (+)
- Northern NY Net Sat 0900L, Sun 0830L 3958 kHz
- NY Traffic Net Daily 1800L 3935 kHz
- NH ARES Net Saturdays 0830L 3943 kHz
- SATERN (Eastern Territory) Saturday 1400Z 7265 kHz
- VT Emergency Freqs: ARES 3976 kHz / RACES 3980 kHz
ARES 7275 kHz / RACES 7280 kHz
It is important that all emergency communicators maintain a minimum level of personal readiness. Included here are links to personal readiness information, go-kits, etc.
- VT ARES Suggested Checklists VT ARES suggested lists of items to have in any of several go-kits. Space to add your own items; cross-off what doesn't apply to you.use as a base to build your own go-kit lists. † [MS Word]
- Notes on Personal Preparedness † from VA RACES [MS Word]
- GO KIT: DAILY EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS GEAR IDEAS [web]
Also see the Resources page
Short list of software programs/information of interest to many emcomm operators:
- About APRS | [ Software (Mac/PC) ]
- EchoLink | [ Mac software ]
- Digital Modes
- G4FON—Koch CW trainer
- Look up Hams by Zip Code, Name, Town, etc.